Sleep is a curious thing really, especially after you go throughout the day with your fatigue having no correlation at all with how much you slept. For example, I'm sure we've all had a day where we got less than 6 hours of sleep. But guess what, the next morning people are telling you to pipe down because you're so hyper and energetic in the morning. I'm sure we've also had the days where we've gotten 12 (currently unthinkable) hours of sleep and wake up the next day like a zombie that's sleep deprived.
I would most likely bet that science could explain such a phenomenon, but the reality of it is still baffling. I mean, what is a poor blissfully ignorant teen to do about their sleeping habits if they have to spend their precious sleeping time, right after their late night homework sessions, researching what to do to get better sleep. Somewhat of a catch 22 if you ask me.
Nevertheless, I can't help but stress the importance of sleep, not only for myself but for others. And while this may seem like a selfless gesture, it really boils down to this.
I don't want to be cranky. I don't want to talk to you when you're cranky.
Simple right?
And so it goes without saying, but I'm saying it anyways, go get some sleep.
Good Night.
Zzzz....
![]() |
| Sleepless |

I was just thinking about this, the hyper/zombie thing happens to me too.
ReplyDeleteI really like your voice. And this flows really well.